Support for people with disabilities

The County Council has the necessary expertise and can help if you or someone you know has a disability: physical, psychological or intellectual. If you are not sure who to turn to, contact the Disability Infotek.

Rehabilitation and assistive devices (things to help the person function) if the person has, for example,

  • brain damage due to a stroke
  • poor hearing or deafness
  • physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy or spina bifida
  • language and communication difficulties
  • poor eyesight or blindness
  • developmental problems


What is a disability?

According to the government agency in charge of these matters (the National Board of Health and Welfare), a disability means that a person has problems with physical, psychological or intellectual abilities.

A disability may be caused by problems during birth or, for example, come after an accident or illness. A disability may only last for a shorter period of time or it may be for your whole life.


The County Council Infotek answers questions

The Disability Infotek is for people who have disabilities or who are the parents or relatives of someone who has a disability.

The Infotek is also for people who work with children, young people or adults with disabilities in schools, for example.

There is a library here, factual material in several languages, courses and staff who answer questions about disabilities.

If you want to, you can use an interpreter to help you talk to us.

Infoteket website (in Swedish)